Sunday 3 July 2011

Day one

I have arrived safe and sound! Not finding my luggage in the nicaraguan airport for half an hour was a bit scary, but found my bag so no harm done. As soon as I arrived in Nicaragua I was picked up by jose (basecamp coordinator) and his friend. Met his friend's wife and her sister (both from georgia and married nicaraguans) and drove back to the house. The house is quite large and has tonnes of room. With a huge walk in closet I think this trip is gonna be better than I thought! I could hear the sound of bands playing while I showered and party rock anthem even played in spanish! Turns out there is a festival going on in Jinotepe right now and is a horse festival. Horses and their riders are dancing up and down the streets to music. And there has got to be more horses here than people! (The horses of course look very abused often bleeding and frothing at the mouth). We are about to go out for spagetti somewhere nearby. There are three others here from canada and one from florida who is an absolute hoot! Ta ta for now!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you made it there safely. Keep us posted Bri. Love Mom and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a fantastic trip Brianne!!!!!!!

    Your family
    (A.K.A Kat wrote this)

    ReplyDelete