Sunday 24 July 2011

July 23/2011

I will write about my day yesterday today as we did an overnight trip to Leon and I had no computer access there. In the morning we left bright and early to Leon, having to go through Managua to get there. First thing we did upon our arrival, was to find a cool hostel. I had google searched for good hostels in Leon the night before and the one we found was awesome! It was for environmental preservation volunteers/ a general hostel. It had hammocks, a central garden area with hummingbirds and flowers, and a great atmosphere for only five bucks a night! We went shopping for jewelry in the market, practiced our bargaining and spanish, visited a few churches (with the occasional ice cream break on the way), and went out for a fresh smoothie. We met two guys from Israel, and one from the states, in Nicaragua for the surfing. Two of which are surf instructors so may be able to get a deal!!! Anyway, we went out with them last night to a club called camaleon, and danced the night away to the most amazingly fresh mojito I have ever had in my entire life. The club was very neat, and there were so many different people from different countries (Australia, France, Honduras, Nicaragua, the States, Israel...). By the way their drinks here are doubles(two shots), and were only a dollar fifty each! Slept very little in the hospital because it was so hot, and came home this morning. I will write about today this evening! Leon so far is my favorite city in Nicaragua.

No comments:

Post a Comment