Thursday 11 August 2011

August 11/2011

This morning my stomach wasn't cooperating so I opted out of the seven am.  surgeries, slept an extra hour, and headed to the clinic in Diriamba. There we saw a few neat things (including the early stages of a flesh eating disease, needless to say I hand sanitized...a few times), and had a good talk with the nurse there. He offered to write us a letter of recommendation, it would be in spanish of course but not difficult to get translated, so that was a bonus. This afternoon I went to the hospital, and instead of going to maternity again (while I really wanted to), I thought trying the ER would be a neat idea. We did little tasks like setting up the IV bags, handing tape, taking patients to the bathroom etc. By the end of the afternoon however, we were learning how to start IVs ourselves, practicing on the tubing for the IV bags. Might try my hand at that before I leave! This evening was Jason's last night, and we had a going away dinner of empanadas, and salad. Afterwards, we went out for a couple drinks and called it a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment