Wednesday 17 August 2011

August 17/2011

This morning John and I headed to the clinic in Diriamba. There, at around nine in the morning, we went to a school and taught about Dengue to both elementary and secondary level kids. It was fun, and we even saw a few people there that we already knew. After that the two nurses (Chema and Laura) took John and I to Catarina by Apoyo lagoon. There they payed for everything from our transport to our lunch. Chema is probably the nicest most giving person I have yet to meet, he even offered me some land on his grandma's farm to build a house if I want. PS mom and dad, I told him he could stay in our house for a bit if he visits Canada... So nice. This evening we went to the hospital again and handed out more glow sticks, for which the kids were very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment