Tuesday 9 August 2011

August 9/2011

This morning, John and I went to watch some surgeries. We saw a girl getting a lump removed from her head (she was awake the whole time I might add), and a girl getting a hernia removed on her lower right side of her stomach. It was pretty neat, and I got to help set up for the surgery a little bit! After this I went into maternity where I was able to find the heart beat of a baby for a woman in labour (harder to find than when she is not in labour), and there were two deliveries while I was there! I got to help out a little more today as I knew the drill a bit better. I helped by passing tools again, pouring water on the womans lower end when needed, wiping off the baby and clean up. It was lots of fun and very busy. This afternoon I went in to the clinic, gave a couple of injections to a couple of women, checked up on a regular patient's ulcer, and went to San Marcos clinic. In the San Marcos clinic we had a tour and met all the doctors there, it was really fun. We went for a run again today, and afterwards, Jason and I went around Jinotepe and to the hospital's pediatrics area giving out glow sticks to kids (thanks for the wonderful idea Kat!). What a fun filled day!

No comments:

Post a Comment