Friday 12 August 2011

August 12/2011

This morning I went to go watch surgeries again. I saw a c-section(which I was really excited about), and some other surgery where they removed something that looked like a small balloon in size and shape from a woman's stomach. It was very neat. After that I went to the clinic, where "doctora Brianne" was in charge of an entire consult. I did the initial examination, had to do the whole write up on her file, and I even prescribed her meds! Ya, me, signing of on meds in Nicaragua...I also gave her birth control shot. This afternoon I went to the hospital for a short period of time, and was in the schock area of emergency. I helped out a bit there, but nothing really exciting happened. After this, Steph and I tried to travel to Masaya to look for art. Masaya is an hour away, and we left at 3:30...we would get there at 4:30, and the last bus leaves Masaya at 5:30 so we would have a little bit of time. We got back to the bus station at 5:15, only to be told that friday is an exception and the last bus had left at four. Well we had a bit of a panic attack, but ended up taking a taxi home, which cost us ten times as much:( This evening we met the three new volunteers here; Danielle, Brett, and Amos. There are 16-17 years old and here for the conservation project. We haven't had the chance to talk much but they seem like very nice people. We are just preparing for our camping trip that Steph and I are undertaking for the weekend in the rainforest...should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment